CKS is equally invested in insuring that our patients have the up to date social services information that will assist them in their day to day lives. These services are offered primarily by the United States Government, State of California and local social services. By example:
- In Home Support Services – this agency provides support services for the caretaking of patients who have limited mobility or trouble with daily activities. CKS will assist in determining your eligibility
- Transportation Reimbursement – This service affords the reimbursement of transportation costs or actual transportation for patients travelling to and from medical appointments. CKS will assist you with identifying those services in your community of residence.
- Support Groups – CKS will assist in pointing you in the right direction for you and your family to participate in support groups with other families who are experiencing some of the same issues surrounding your dialysis treatments and goals.
- On Site Social Workers – Our social workers are at your clinic daily to help you with issues surrounding travel and any other related issues surrounding your treatment.
- On Site Dieticians – Food, food, food is of major concern to our patients! “What can I eat? How much can I eat? I feel deprived when I am at family functions”…and so on, are common themes and concerns our patients have when first diagnosed with kidney failure. Our CKS dieticians are specially trained to help you maneuver through the minutia of dietary guidelines, and leave you asking for more and alleviating your feeling of being deprived.